Hei hei, currently I'm working on building OpenNI [1] with ptxdist. I take the source from GitHub [2] and try writing an appropriate rules/openni.make – however this is not as easy as it seems. :( OpenNI does not use standard tools like autotools or cmake for uncomplicated cross compiling but some hand written Makefile. They have a very short section in their README how to cross compile: https://github.com/OpenNI/OpenNI/blob/master/README For doing this without ptxdist I create a folder ~/build/sysroot and tried cross compiling. Doing it like in the README this results in an error stating 'unistd.h' is not found. If I copy the content of /opt/OSELAS.Toolchain-2011.03.0/arm-v5te-linux-gnueabi/gcc-4.5.2-glibc-2.13-binutils-2.21-kernel-2.6.36-sanitized/sysroot-arm-v5te-linux-gnueabi to ~/build/sysroot/ first, compiling succeeds (after manually cross compiling libusb and installing it to ~/build/sysroot). In ptxdist compiling fails with the same error, the unistd.h is not found. There's none in my BSP in platform-at91.../sysroot-target – I guess all the other packages are able to find these libc include files somewhere else, maybe in the same subfolder of the toolchain. I assume I should not copy these files to sysroot-target and I should also not let the openni Makefile install stuff in my toolchain. The Makefile of OpenNI can be found at [3] but I'll also attach how far I got with my rule files. I tried finding out how autotools or cmake generate their Makefiles or what ptxdist calls in the compile stage so other packages find their stuff, but this is horribly complex. :-/ Maybe someone has a hint how to pass some parameter or patch the Makefile? I guess it lacks on some understanding of cross-compiling here. O:-) Alex [1] http://www.openni.org/ [2] https://github.com/OpenNI/OpenNI [3] https://github.com/OpenNI/OpenNI/blob/master/Platform/Linux/Build/Makefile -- »With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.« (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie) *** GnuPG-FP: 02C8 A590 7FE5 CA5F 3601 D1D5 8FBA 7744 CC87 10D0 ***