From: "Hänel-Baas, Alexander" <alexander.haenel-baas@sieb-meyer.de>
To: "Jürgen Borleis" <jbe@pengutronix.de>
Cc: "ptxdist@pengutronix.de" <ptxdist@pengutronix.de>
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Kernel CONFIG_LOCALVERSION
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 08:25:12 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Jürgen

Thank you for your reply.

> What does "localversion" mean in your context?

I mean the kernel CONFIG_LOCALVERSION in the kernel .config file. I can set this localversion in
ptxdist menuconfig kernel -> general setup <- Local version.

Normally this string was append to kernel version.

Your suggest is right but I miss the local version append.

Look here:
$ ptxdist print PTXCONF_KERNEL_VERSION
give: 3.14.17

But in the kernel .config file stands:
#
# General setup
#
CONFIG_INIT_ENV_ARG_LIMIT=32
CONFIG_CROSS_COMPILE=""
CONFIG_COMPILE_TEST=y
CONFIG_LOCALVERSION="alex"                 <- here!!!
# CONFIG_LOCALVERSION_AUTO is not set

So I should have get: 3.14.17-alex.

There is no problem with ptxdist, always works fine.
Only i need access to this CONFIG_LOCALVERSION string
in my own rules file because we build different packages depend
on the Locale version from the Kernel.

Regards,
Alexander