* [ptxdist] Kernel CONFIG_LOCALVERSION
@ 2015-06-08  7:30 Hänel-Baas, Alexander
From: Hänel-Baas, Alexander @ 2015-06-08  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi

Is there a ptxdist variable that contains the kernel localversion?
Ore must i grap the kernel .config file to get this info?
I need this in my own rules/ file.

I used ptxdist2014.

With best regards,
Alexander Hänel-Baas

* Re: [ptxdist] Kernel CONFIG_LOCALVERSION
@ 2015-06-08  7:57 ` Jürgen Borleis
From: Jürgen Borleis @ 2015-06-08  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist; +Cc: Hänel-Baas, Alexander

Hi Alexander,

On Monday 08 June 2015 09:30:43 Hänel-Baas, Alexander wrote:
> Is there a ptxdist variable that contains the kernel localversion?

What does "localversion" mean in your context?

> Ore must i grap the kernel .config file to get this info?
> I need this in my own rules/ file.

$ ptxdist print PTXCONF_KERNEL_VERSION

at least outputs the current platformconfig setting.

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Borleis             |
Industrial Linux Solutions                    | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |

* Re: [ptxdist] Kernel CONFIG_LOCALVERSION
@ 2015-06-08  8:25   ` Hänel-Baas, Alexander
From: Hänel-Baas, Alexander @ 2015-06-08  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jürgen Borleis; +Cc: ptxdist

Hi Jürgen

Thank you for your reply.

> What does "localversion" mean in your context?

I mean the kernel CONFIG_LOCALVERSION in the kernel .config file. I can set this localversion in
ptxdist menuconfig kernel -> general setup <- Local version.

Normally this string was append to kernel version.

Your suggest is right but I miss the local version append.

Look here:
$ ptxdist print PTXCONF_KERNEL_VERSION
give: 3.14.17

But in the kernel .config file stands:
#
# General setup
#
CONFIG_INIT_ENV_ARG_LIMIT=32
CONFIG_CROSS_COMPILE=""
CONFIG_COMPILE_TEST=y
CONFIG_LOCALVERSION="alex"                 <- here!!!
# CONFIG_LOCALVERSION_AUTO is not set

So I should have get: 3.14.17-alex.

There is no problem with ptxdist, always works fine.
Only i need access to this CONFIG_LOCALVERSION string
in my own rules file because we build different packages depend
on the Locale version from the Kernel.

@ 2015-06-08  8:37     ` Jürgen Borleis
From: Jürgen Borleis @ 2015-06-08  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hänel-Baas, Alexander; +Cc: ptxdist

Hi Alexander,

On Monday 08 June 2015 10:25:12 Hänel-Baas, Alexander wrote:
> > What does "localversion" mean in your context?
>
> I mean the kernel CONFIG_LOCALVERSION in the kernel .config file. I can set
> this localversion in ptxdist menuconfig kernel -> general setup <- Local
> version.
>
> Normally this string was append to kernel version.
>
> Your suggest is right but I miss the local version append.
>
> Look here:
> $ ptxdist print PTXCONF_KERNEL_VERSION
> give: 3.14.17
>
> But in the kernel .config file stands:
> #
> # General setup
> #
> CONFIG_INIT_ENV_ARG_LIMIT=32
> CONFIG_CROSS_COMPILE=""
> CONFIG_COMPILE_TEST=y
> CONFIG_LOCALVERSION="alex"                 <- here!!!
> # CONFIG_LOCALVERSION_AUTO is not set
>
> So I should have get: 3.14.17-alex.
>
> There is no problem with ptxdist, always works fine.
> Only i need access to this CONFIG_LOCALVERSION string
> in my own rules file because we build different packages depend
> on the Locale version from the Kernel.

You could scan (by sourcing) the file

 ${PTXDIST_PLATFORMCONFIGDIR}/${PTXCONF_KERNEL_CONFIG}

because this file is managed by PTXdist and it will be copied to your kernel
prior building it (and so ends up as ".config" in the kernel's source tree).

Regards,
Juergen

--

@ 2015-06-08  8:47       ` Hänel-Baas, Alexander
From: Hänel-Baas, Alexander @ 2015-06-08  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jürgen Borleis; +Cc: ptxdist

> You could scan (by sourcing) the file

> ${PTXDIST_PLATFORMCONFIGDIR}/${PTXCONF_KERNEL_CONFIG}

Yes, actually I do that.
I hope we get: $ ptxdist print PTXCONF_KERNEL_LOCALVERSION in the future.

@ 2015-06-08  9:05     ` Michael Olbrich
From: Michael Olbrich @ 2015-06-08  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 08:25:12AM +0000, Hänel-Baas, Alexander wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> > What does "localversion" mean in your context?
>
> I mean the kernel CONFIG_LOCALVERSION in the kernel .config file. I can set this localversion in
> ptxdist menuconfig kernel -> general setup <- Local version.

$ ptxdist bash eval ptxd_get_kconfig '${PTXDIST_PLATFORMCONFIGDIR}/${PTXCONF_KERNEL_CONFIG}' CONFIG_LOCALVERSION

Not really nice, but it should work. Not the eval and the quotes. These are
necessary to make sure that the bash with the correct environment evaluates
PTXDIST_PLATFORMCONFIGDIR and PTXCONF_KERNEL_CONFIG.

Michael