From: Roland Hieber <r.hieber@af-inventions.de>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] gobject-introspection: syntax error, unexpected typedef-names
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 15:15:26 +0200	[thread overview]

On 05.09.2016 15:07, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> This may be a glibc issue: When executed like this, then the target glibc
> will see your host kernel version. What toolchain are you using? The
> minimum kernel version for the glibc is selected at build time and verified
> at runtime. So your host kernel may indeed be to old for the target
> toolchain...

I'm using
OSELAS.Toolchain-2016.06.0/arm-v7a-linux-gnueabihf/gcc-5.4.0-glibc-2.23-binutils-2.26-kernel-4.6-sanitized.
I recently talked with Jan Lübbe on this, and as far as I understood g-i
seems to take the target kernel version as the minimum supported
version, also when building host-g-i. My target kernel is 4.7, my host
kernel is 3.14.

Is there any way to find out the minimum required kernel version for the
compiled glibc? I would be able to try kernel 4.6 from jessie-backports
on my host system, but if it is really like mentioned above, 4.6 would
probably not help much…?

  - Roland