From: <jon.bird@gd-ms.uk>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Issue with install_node creating pipes
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 14:16:05 +0000	[thread overview]

On 2017-03-09, Roland Hieber wrote:

> On 09.03.2017 15:20, jon.bird@gd-ms.uk wrote:
>>> I think ptxdist-2015.01.0-42-g15c165d69929 broke this. I'm suprised
>>> nobody notices before. Can you try without this change?
>>> You can just copy the script to the same location in your BSP and
>>> change it there.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>
>> Can you give me a quick crash course on how to do this? Aside from
>> doing the odd checkout from git, I'm totally unfamiliar with it
>> having more of a svn background...
>
> Here's what you need to know:
>
> *  To get around firewalls (hopefully), clone the repository via https:
>
>         git clone https://git.pengutronix.de/git/ptxdist
>         cd ptxdist
[...]

Many thanks for that, was very useful. I can confirm that this change did cause this issue to arise. Copying this older version in doesn't quite work though because there are other changes in there which cause it to fail but just backing out that one change in the existing version does.

Rgs

Jon.

--
Jon Bird, CEng MBCS
Software Engineer

Telephone: +441424798278
Email: jon.bird@gd-ms.uk
Website: www.generaldynamics.uk.com

This email and any files attached are intended for the addressee and may contain information of a confidential nature. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that this email was sent to you in error and you should not disclose, distribute, print, copy or make other use of this email or its attachments. Such actions, in fact, may be unlawful. In compliance with the various Regulations and Acts, General Dynamics United Kingdom Limited reserves the right to monitor (and examine for viruses) all emails and email attachments, both inbound and outbound. Email communications and their attachments may not be secure or error- or virus-free and the company does not accept liability or responsibility for such matters or the consequences thereof. General Dynamics United Kingdom Limited, Registered Office: 21 Holborn Viaduct, London EC1A 2DY. Registered in England and Wales No: 1911653.