A note on the problem. Striping and removing quotes from env variables from Kconfig also solved the problem. For quotes: $(subst $\",,$(PTXCONF_YOUR_VARIABLE)) For whitespaces $(strip $(PTXDIST_ YOUR_VARIABLE)) From: ptxdist-bounces@pengutronix.de [mailto:ptxdist-bounces@pengutronix.de] On Behalf Of Alan Martinovic Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 9:12 AM To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de Subject: [ptxdist] install_copy not recognizing path to a file Hi, I'm adding a custom application into the build system and I'm having undefined issues with install_copy. I have defined the rule as follows: *$(MYLIB_SOURCE_LOCAL) is the path where the binaries are located. (oselas.project/build/mylib -1234) $(STATEDIR)/mylib.targetinstall: @$(call targetinfo) @$(call install_init, mylib) @$(call install_fixup, mylib,PRIORITY,optional) @$(call install_fixup, mylib,SECTION,base) @$(call install_fixup, mylib,AUTHOR,"<>") @$(call install_fixup, mylib,DESCRIPTION,missing) @$(call install_copy, mylib, 0, 0, 0755, $(MYLIB_SOURCE_LOCAL)/mylib.a, /usr/lib/mylib.a) @$(call install_copy, mylib, 0, 0, 0755, $(MYLIB_SOURCE_LOCAL)/include/mylib.h, /usr/include/mylib.h) @$(call install_finish, mylib) @$(call touch) When I run targetinstall I get the following error: install file: src=oselas.project/build/mylib -1234 dst=/usr/lib/libzxmlconfig.a owner=0 group=0 permissions=0755 install: omitting directory '/home/user/Workspace/oselas.project/build/mylib -1234 For some reason it doesn't append the /mylib.a to the path. Any ideas on this? BR Alan DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message. DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.