From: Alan Martinovic <Alan.Martinovic@zenitel.com>
To: "ptxdist@pengutronix.de" <ptxdist@pengutronix.de>
Subject: [ptxdist] Modifing platform rules
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 08:30:36 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi,
I'm trying to get use the kernel from an external source (git repository).
The chapter 6.1. defines this how to do this, however it doesn't suite me because it requires additional manual work for someone setting up the build system.

I know how to write the .make and .in file for the kernel but in the userpace configuration (creating kernel.in and kernel.make in /rules) but that would completely ignore the kernel platform settings which I don't believe is the intended way.

What is the proper way to extend the platform rules and .in files?

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.