From: Alan Martinovic <Alan.Martinovic@zenitel.com>
To: Juergen Borleis <jbe@pengutronix.de>,
	"ptxdist@pengutronix.de" <ptxdist@pengutronix.de>
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] install_copy not recognizing path to a file
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 08:20:05 +0000	[thread overview]

I've tried to make things more readable and did a typo. There aren't any whitespaces in the original.

libzxmlconfig.make:

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Target-Install
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

$(STATEDIR)/libzxmlconfig.targetinstall:
	@$(call targetinfo)

	@$(call install_init, libzxmlconfig)
	@$(call install_fixup, libzxmlconfig,PRIORITY,optional)
	@$(call install_fixup, libzxmlconfig,SECTION,base)
	@$(call install_fixup, libzxmlconfig,AUTHOR,"<>")
	@$(call install_fixup, libzxmlconfig,DESCRIPTION,missing)

	@$(call install_copy, libzxmlconfig, 0, 0, 0755, $(LIBZXMLCONFIG_SOURCE_LOCAL)/libzxmlconfig.a, $(PTXDIST_WORKSPACE)/platform-turbine/sysroot-target/usr/lib/libzxmlconfig.a)
	@$(call install_copy, libzxmlconfig, 0, 0, 0755, $(LIBZXMLCONFIG_SOURCE_LOCAL)/include/SipServerConfig.h, $(PTXDIST_WORKSPACE)/platform-turbine/sysroot-target/usr/include/SipServerConfig.h)
	@$(call install_copy, libzxmlconfig, 0, 0, 0755, $(LIBZXMLCONFIG_SOURCE_LOCAL)/include/ZConfig_globals.h, $(PTXDIST_WORKSPACE)/platform-turbine/sysroot-target/usr/include/ZConfig_globals.h)
	@$(call install_copy, libzxmlconfig, 0, 0, 0755, $(LIBZXMLCONFIG_SOURCE_LOCAL)/include/z_xml.h, $(PTXDIST_WORKSPACE)/platform-turbine/sysroot-target/usr/include/z_xml.h)

	@$(call install_finish, libzxmlconfig)
	@$(call touch)

Output from running "ptxdist targetinstall libzxmlconfig":

-----------------------------------
target: libzxmlconfig.targetinstall
-----------------------------------

install_init:	preparing for image creation of 'libzxmlconfig'...
install_init:	@ARCH@ -> armel
install_init:	@PACKAGE@ -> libzxmlconfig
install_init:	@VERSION@ -> 1234
install_init:	@DEPENDS@ ->
install_init:	preinst not available
install_init:	postinst not available
install_init:	prerm not available
install_init:	postrm not available
install_fixup:	@PRIORITY@ -> optional ... done.
install_fixup:	@SECTION@ -> base ... done.
install_fixup:	@AUTHOR@ -> "<>" ... done.
install_fixup:	@DESCRIPTION@ -> missing ... done.
xpkg_finish:	collecting license (unknown) ... done.
xpkg_finish:	creating ipkg package ...
install file:
  src=oselas.bsp/build/libzxmlconfig-1234
  dst=/usr/lib/libzxmlconfig.a
  owner=0
  group=0
  permissions=0755

install: omitting directory '/home/user/Workspace/oselas.bsp/build/libzxmlconfig-1234'
Error: install_file failed!
make: *** [/home/user/Workspace/oselas.bsp/platform-turbine/state/libzxmlconfig.targetinstall] Error 1
failed

> BTW: why do you want to install a library archive? *.a archives are used at link time only and not used at runtime. Same is valid for header files. They are used at compile time only.

Thank you for pointing out the error.
It should be moved to the sysroot-target/lib (as in above sample)?