* [ptxdist] plymouth in systemd emergency mode
@ 2016-06-22  8:34 Alexander Aring
From: Alexander Aring @ 2016-06-22  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi,

I detected somehow when systemd tries to get into emergency mode,
systemd will stop plymouth. See [0], which are also the unit files which
will be installed in ptxdist.

It seems that systemd has no [ -x $PLYMOUTH ] check to do that before.
So far I know there exists no ptxdist plymouth stuff.

I like to fix that but don't know how, I have the following things in my
as solution in my mind:

 - Add different ptxdist rules for all unit's which use plymouth calls?
 - The same like above but do that with sed? -> easier to maintain
 - Add a dummy implementation like /bin/false to /bin/plymouth?

All these are in my section for "workarounds".

I think the real solution is:
 - Talk with the systemd people how to disable plymouth dependencies in
   their unit files. Maybe add some [ -x $EXEC ] check to have some
   "OptionalExecStartPre" entry.

Michael do have some idea here?

- Alex

[0] https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/units/emergency.service.in

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-06-22  8:34 UTC | newest]