From: Christian Melki <christian.melki@t2data.com>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Docker rules
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 13:40:29 +0100	[thread overview]

If machine is powerful enough, I'd try running a lightweight distro
image in QEMU, natively. QEMU is available in ptxdist an I have run
system-emulations on ARM64 machines. The performance hit is not that bad
nowdays. That way you can have (easier) access to all the modern
infrastructure packages required for checking all the fancy buzzwords
boxes. :)

I don't think embedded environment projects have the manpower or the
interest to maintain functional packages of all the
infrastructure-thingies that have exploded the last few years.

But all this depends on what you're trying to achieve, as Michael
already pointed out.

My .02.
Regards,
Christian