* [ptxdist] Documentation: Pre-Built Toolchain installation on Ubuntu: minor glitches or outdated
@ 2023-04-17 20:59 Andreas Pretzsch
From: Andreas Pretzsch @ 2023-04-17 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Following the documentation about installation of an OSELAS.Toolchain
from Pengutronix Debian Archive [1] on a (mostly) fresh Ubuntu 22.04
derived installation, I ran into some details.
Don't know about stock Debian resp. apt-get instead of apt behaviour,
but I assume the same applies.

According to docs, added "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/pengutronix.list" as:
  deb https://debian.pengutronix.de/debian/ jammy main contrib non-free

Result:
# apt update
[...]
Get:11 https://debian.pengutronix.de/debian jammy InRelease [4.042 B]
Err:11 https://debian.pengutronix.de/debian jammy InRelease
  The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 69E81E916B7A3E09 NO_PUBKEY 94F58BAD054406A9
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: https://debian.pengutronix.de/debian jammy InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 69E81E916B7A3E09 NO_PUBKEY 94F58BAD054406A9
E: The repository 'https://debian.pengutronix.de/debian jammy InRelease' is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

# apt install pengutronix-archive-keyring
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package pengutronix-archive-keyring

Plausible, as list was not installed above, due to missing key.
So I manually fetched and installed (dpkg -i) the keyring:
https://debian.pengutronix.de/debian/pool/main/p/pengutronix-archive-keyring/pengutronix-archive-keyring_2023.01.09_all.deb

Now, package list is downloaded and used, but with some annoyance about
missing arch in repo:

# apt update
[...]
Get:8 https://debian.pengutronix.de/debian jammy/main amd64 Packages [14,9 kB]
[...]
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
All packages are up to date.
N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-i386/Packages' as repository 'https://debian.pengutronix.de/debian jammy InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'i386'
N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'contrib/binary-i386/Packages' as repository 'https://debian.pengutronix.de/debian jammy InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'i386'
N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'non-free/binary-i386/Packages' as repository 'https://debian.pengutronix.de/debian jammy InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'i386'

Limited "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/pengutronix.list" accordingly, by
adding "[arch=amd64]", so we now have:
  deb [arch=amd64] https://debian.pengutronix.de/debian/ jammy main contrib non-free

Final result is a working setup, without any annoying warnings.

Unfortunately, I'm busy setting up a customer VM, so I'll just throw in
these pointers, instead of trying to find a suitable updated wording
for the docs, sorry.

Best regards,
  Andreas

[1]
https://www.ptxdist.org/doc/environment.html#add-the-pengutronix-debian-archive

--

carpe noctem engineering
Ingenieurbuero fuer Hard- & Software-Entwicklung Andreas Pretzsch

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-04-17 20:59 UTC | newest]