On 28.08.2016 09:36, Robert Schwebel wrote: > You can use install_copy and avoid the last argument, this is the right > mechanism to create a directory with ownership and permissions. Ah right thanks, it even says so in the manual :) But thinking this through: /etc/ibrdtn/bpsec is meant to hold the private key and cert for the Bundle Security Protocol, which are meant to be generated by ibrdtn-genkey.sh, which uses openssl and hexdump to generate it. So technically, IBRDTN_WITH_TLS has to select OPENSSL_BIN and BUSYBOX_HEXDUMP. However, if the target rootfs is read-only, running ibrdtn-genkey.sh on the target is futile, and in this case, those dependencies are unneccessary. The key material would rather need to be generated at build time and/or put into projectroot/etc/ibrdtn/bpsec by the user. So I'm rather thinking about adding a menuconfig option "install ibrdtn-genkey.sh", and let the users decide whether they want to generate keys on the target or deploy them via projectroot/. I tried hacking the key generation into the targetinstall stage, but didn't get it to work, and that really seems more like a job for the configure script. - Roland