From: Alexander Dahl <post@lespocky.de>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Advice on Directory Structure
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:39:09 +0100	[thread overview]

Hei Jerry,

Am 2012-02-20 23:21, schrieb Jerry Kirk:
> Our development will run the full breadth including new drivers,
> patches to existing drivers, applications, etc.

Speaking of VCS: we put each subproject in separate repositories and
build ordinary ptxdist packages for it. So for application foo we make
our own rules/foo.in and rules/foo.make and foo has its own repository
besides the repo for the BSP itself. This allows building applications
(or libraries, drivers, …) to be build for other platforms without
ptxdist.

(This makes the development process a little difficult if you want to
hack on the sources extracted by ptxdist. We have our own scripts for
checking out from git, but this breaks with ipkg version numbering, not
that perfect atm. ;) )

We had applications, libraries and some other things in one subversion
repository before we used one git repo for each subproject and that was
exactly the pain in the ass you want to avoid. ;-)

Greets
Alex

--
»With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured,
irrevocably.« (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie)