* [ptxdist] fsck at boot
@ 2014-02-21 16:57 Thomas Heller
From: Thomas Heller @ 2014-02-21 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

I have an SD card (formatted vfat) in my system where logfiles
are written to.  Sometimes (after system crashes because of
heavy EMI) the file system gets damaged and on the next boot
the SD card is mounted read-only.  I can manually run
'fsck.vfat -a /dev/mmcblk0p1' to repair it.

How can I configure ptxdist so that this command is automatically
run after booting?  I tried setting the 6. field in /etc/fstab to '2'
instead of '0', I tried creating a file '/forcefsk', but it seems
nothing helped.

Any tips?

Thanks, Thomas

* Re: [ptxdist] fsck at boot
@ 2014-03-06 17:35 ` Michael Olbrich
From: Michael Olbrich @ 2014-03-06 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 05:57:48PM +0100, Thomas Heller wrote:
> I have an SD card (formatted vfat) in my system where logfiles
> are written to.  Sometimes (after system crashes because of
> heavy EMI) the file system gets damaged and on the next boot
> the SD card is mounted read-only.  I can manually run
> 'fsck.vfat -a /dev/mmcblk0p1' to repair it.
>
> How can I configure ptxdist so that this command is automatically
> run after booting?  I tried setting the 6. field in /etc/fstab to '2'
> instead of '0', I tried creating a file '/forcefsk', but it seems
> nothing helped.
>
> Any tips?

This is with busybox init, right? You could replace /etc/init.d/rcS with
your own in projectroot/ and add something before "mount -a". Probably
"fsck -A" I think.

Michael

* Re: [ptxdist] fsck at boot
@ 2014-03-07 19:03   ` Thomas Heller
From: Thomas Heller @ 2014-03-07 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Am 06.03.2014 18:35, schrieb Michael Olbrich:
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 05:57:48PM +0100, Thomas Heller wrote:
>> I have an SD card (formatted vfat) in my system where logfiles
>> are written to.  Sometimes (after system crashes because of
>> heavy EMI) the file system gets damaged and on the next boot
>> the SD card is mounted read-only.  I can manually run
>> 'fsck.vfat -a /dev/mmcblk0p1' to repair it.
>>
>> How can I configure ptxdist so that this command is automatically
>> run after booting?  I tried setting the 6. field in /etc/fstab to '2'
>> instead of '0', I tried creating a file '/forcefsk', but it seems
>> nothing helped.
>>
>> Any tips?
>
> This is with busybox init, right? You could replace /etc/init.d/rcS with
> your own in projectroot/ and add something before "mount -a". Probably
> "fsck -A" I think.

Yes, this works.  "fsck -Aa".

It is still required, however, to set the 6. field in /etc/fstab to '1'
instead of '0', and to specify the filesystem type in the 3. field.  If
the latter is not done fsck complains about a missing fsck.auto.

Thanks,
Thomas