From: Marc Kleine-Budde <mkl@pengutronix.de>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Cc: Sander Stoks <Sander.Stoks@phenom-world.com>
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Where do configure options for simple autotools packages come from?
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 15:35:18 +0200	[thread overview]

On 10/08/2013 03:24 PM, Sander Stoks wrote:
> Marc wrote:
>
>>> So how does “ptxdist prepare” decide what exactly to add to the
>>> ./configure command line?
>
>> In "rules/cifs-utils.make" line 32ff.
>
> Interesting - I thought all the rules files were under a local
> subdirectory.  There are a bunch of .in and .make files in the
> "rules" subdirectory (but not the cifs-utils ones).  I found these
> in /usr/local/lib/ptxdist-2013.04.0/rules.
>
> I didn't want to edit those, but I found that simply copying the
> cifs-utils files to the "rules" directory in my own project
> hierarchy, successfully overrules the other ones.

Local rules override global ones, that's intended :)

> However, it turns out these particular flags were not disabled for
> nothing: Some dependencies were missing, and they were disabled later
> on in the configuration anyway:
>
> WARNING: krb5.h not found, consider installing krb5-libs-devel.
> Disabling cifs.upcall.
>
> (same for keyutils-libs-devel and libwbclient-devel).
>
> I guess I'll have to try and install packages for those as well...

You figured out everything yourself so far.

You can create new packages with: "ptxdist newpackage target" in your
local BSP dir.

Marc
--
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |