On 08/15/2013 08:25 AM, Alexander Aring wrote: [...] >> Argh, autoconf without automake. Not your fault >> >> ... >> >> What about creating a proper automake'd version of libcoap? >> > Now I create a autotools project and see some very very bad things in > the libcoap. I need to screw up the complete buildsystem. > > For exmaple, they have a config.h: The config.h is autogenerated by autotools. > ... > #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "" > > #define PACKAGE_NAME "libcoap" > ... > > I need to drop the config.h because there stands some defines which is > setted manually, but normally setted by autoconf with AC_INIT like PACKAGE_NAME. > > With this behaviour you get many redefined ... warnings from compiler if > you use the libcoap in a autotools buildsystem project. > > There are several small things like this. > I need to say, I really don't understand this. They use autoconf but > setted defines manually so autoconf doesn't matter... > > > I need to rework this, so please don't add this to ptxdist right now. > > And yes I will try to insert autoconf/automake into this project. Fine. You can call me if you need help. If you need a template I suggest to use libabc. Marc -- Pengutronix e.K. | Marc Kleine-Budde | Industrial Linux Solutions | Phone: +49-231-2826-924 | Vertretung West/Dortmund | Fax: +49-5121-206917-5555 | Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686 | http://www.pengutronix.de |