On 08/07/2013 02:32 PM, jon.bird@generaldynamics.uk.com wrote: > I am trying to get valgrind enabled under Ptxdist. I can build the > package ok and deploy it however when I attempt to run an app on the > target system it fails complaining that it needs debugging symbols > from glibc. The suggesion from online is that I either need a > non-stripped glibc or an additional file which holds the symbols but > it isn't clear from online searching what this file is called or > where to locate it in the file system. The toolchain I am using is > the OSELAS.Toolchain-2012.12.1 x86 toolchain (prebuilt Debian > package), I am hoping I just need to lift the relevant file(s) from > there. Yes you have to use the unstripped version of the glibc, or even better a completely unstripped system. I suggest to use platform-*/root-debug as your NFS root file system. regards, Marc -- Pengutronix e.K. | Marc Kleine-Budde | Industrial Linux Solutions | Phone: +49-231-2826-924 | Vertretung West/Dortmund | Fax: +49-5121-206917-5555 | Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686 | http://www.pengutronix.de |