From: Josef Holzmayr <holzmayr@rsi-elektrotechnik.de>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Cont.: PTXdist: New cmake package (webtoolkit wt)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 08:13:37 +0200	[thread overview]

Howdy!

Am 22.04.2013 17:17, schrieb Stranz Jan-Marc:
> Hello,
>
> I've tried to build my "test" project based on "cmake".
> During this a lot of the cmake stuff was build also.
>
> After that I tried to build the package "wt".
> Now I got totally different messages compared to the first run!
> These messages were much more helpful for me (the builder was complaining about missing boost libraries).
  <snip>

> It seems, that you have to make a few "cycles" or "iterations" in order to build a package based on "cmake" ....

Probably the main part is that the dependencies (e.g. SELECTS) in you
wt.in file are not set correctly. This is what tells ptxdist about what
to build before trying to build your package. So if you add a new
package and at one point in time it suddenly works like magic, bets are
that you "accidentially" fixed something in your ptxconfig that makes
things work for you now, but is hardly reproductible.

So everytime you add a new oackage, after you think you have finished
it, always clear the whole project and do a targetinstall
$YOURNEWPACKAGE only (not "GO"!). if everything still works, then your
chances are that the dependencies are close to correct :)

> Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und löschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error), please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is prohibited

Thanks, but I will do with that email as I desire, including storing for
the period of time I see fit, forwarding it, or taking information from
it and distributing it. And I will remind you that this footer is utter
nonsense every time I receive it through an open mailing list.

Greetz Sepp

Josef Holzmayr
Dipl-Ing. (FH)
Entwicklung Embedded Devices / Software