Hei Jeff, On 01.11.2012 19:22, Jeff Horn wrote: > echo $(shell git rev-parse --verify HEAD) > $(ROOTDIR)/etc/revision I personally use `git describe --tags` for this, but that's more a question of taste. > That works fine for creating the file in the platform/root directory. When > I started to use the UBI image I noticed that file was missing from my root > filesystem. I see that the ubi.make script does a targetinstall to > platform/images/working_dir and then generates the UBI image from there. > Which obviously does not have my revision. How can I fix/modify my line > above so it makes it into both the root directory and the UBI image. What about creating the file in projectroot/etc/revision, putting a placeholder e.g. @REVISION@ in it and using something like this in your rule: @$(call install_alternative, somepackage, 0, 0, 0644, \ /etc/revision) @$(call install_replace, somepackage, /etc/revision, \ @REVISION@, $(shell git rev-pares --verify HEAD) ) Like this the file gets in the package file and should be installed in the UBI image. We have a similar approach working in our BSP. Greets Alex