From: "Andreas Bießmann" <biessmann@corscience.de>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Building the OSELAS.Toolchain on non Linux/GNU based systems?
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 13:14:33 +0200	[thread overview]

Dear Juergen Beisert,

On 13.06.2012 12:18, Juergen Beisert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build the OSELAS.Toolchain in FreeBSD with ptxdist and it fails
> badly. Does someone know what is additionally required on the host on a non
> Linux/GNU based system to make it work again (especially Bernhard and Andreas
> due to their work on MacOS)?

I haven't built my toolchains for months (last was in January I think).
But AFAIR there was no error when building OSELAS.Toolchain for at least:
 arm-v4t
 arm-v5te
 arm-cortexa8
 x86_64 (pure 64)
 avr32 (not yet mainline)

I know there was a issue when building i586 toolchain (or was it i686?),
but haven't investigated that.

For Mac OS X you will require at least
efc80fde76ce72863dcba385e1177011d18770d7 (binutils-2.21.1a: fix patch
[mol]) (OSELAS.Toolchain) and ptxdist with resent changes for OS X (do
not know which one counts).
At least the coreutils stuff should be setup correctly in your
<ptxdist>/bin/
 -> read this posts:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.embedded.ptxdist.devel/8522

> One funny error message is (for example):
>
> In file included from ../include/sys/types.h:1,
>                  from ../misc/sys/uio.h:24,
>                  from <stdin>:3:
> ../posix/sys/types.h:147:20: error: stddef.h: No such file or directory

Can't remember such an error.

A major change in OSELAS was to build host-autotools stuff for setting
up binutils correctly (readelf). AFAIK these host-autotools come from
ptxdist and may cause trouble when versions change. But I do not think
this is the root cause of your problem.

regards

Andreas Bießmann