Hei hei, Am 21.03.2012 07:17, schrieb Bernhard Walle: >> I'm using zsh, not bash, but still have ~/.bashrc … what does this code >> try to do in the first place and how does this affect users of other shells? > > It only avoids two error messages when running "ptxdist bash" when the > files are not present. You can also use bash and have no ~/.bashrc > although that might be seldom. Okay, then let's rephrase this. From `ptxdist help` I got: bash enter a ptxdist environment bash shell bash [args...] execute in ptxdist environment What is this environment useful for or what advantages has `ptxdist bash` over my own shell? Greets Alex -- »With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.« (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie) *** GnuPG-FP: 02C8 A590 7FE5 CA5F 3601 D1D5 8FBA 7744 CC87 10D0 ***