* [ptxdist] mono
@ 2011-11-14 10:16 Erwin Rol
From: Erwin Rol @ 2011-11-14 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hey all,

I have been playing with mono a bit and ran into a bit more general
problem.

mono has several scripts that call the mono binary with certain
arguments, for example mcs.

less platform-ETH2/sysroot-host/bin/mcs
#!/bin/sh
exec /bin/mono $MONO_OPTIONS /lib/mono/2.0/mcs.exe -lib:/lib/mono/2.0
-lib:/lib/mono/3.5 "$@"

Of course that won't work, because it will try to call /bin/mono and use
libs from /lib/mono.

The question is how to solve this problem, because just patching the
path will not work since on the target this would be correct and on the
target we don't want SYSROOT/usr/bin/mono but /usr/bin/mono.

I am sure other packages had similar problems, how was it fixed in them?

Any hints are welcome.

- Erwin