To: ptxdist <ptxdist@pengutronix.de>
Subject: [ptxdist] lndir'ing sysroot-target
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 20:46:41 +0100	[thread overview]

Hallo all,

in my search to find a way to split ptxdist into an OS build and
application build process I tried the following.

1) create and build an ptxdist project with everything the OS needs like
glib, gtk, dbus, cairo, etc.
2) create an ptxdist project with applications. And don't have any
"select"s to OS parts like gtk or cairo in the .in files of the
applications.
3) lndir sysroot-target from the OS build into the sysroot-target of the
application build.
4) build the application images.

That way I was able to build my applications apart from the OS, but
still use ptxdist to build.

Would this be a feature that others are interested in ?

And any ideas or warnings on what could go wrong ?

- Erwin