To: ptxdist <ptxdist@pengutronix.de>
Subject: [ptxdist] General Ptxdist usecase question
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 10:21:22 +0200	[thread overview]

Hey all,

The projects I use Ptxdist for have grown in size over the last few
years, they now include mono, gtkwebkit, boost, clutter, gtk3 and all
the Xorg stuff. That means it now takes more than 2 hours to compile it
from scratch. The machine is not the fastest (only 4 core 3GHz) but even
if it was twice as fast it would still compile over and hour.

So I am looking for a way to prevent a full rebuild on every project
release. There seem to be some features in Ptxdist that should allow
this, but I could not really figure out how to use them.

What I would like to do is this;

1) Build an OS with all the Xorg, mono, gtk, etc. stuff and version that.
2) build my own applications.
3) combine the results from step 1 and 2 into an image for flashing
4) goto 2

Is it possible to do this with Ptxdist and if so, how ?

TIA,

Erwin