* [ptxdist] qjson
@ 2013-08-22 15:32 Henrik.Kraft
From: Henrik.Kraft @ 2013-08-22 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hello,

I needed to chang the developer platform from openSUSE to Ubunto (10.4 LTS) and ptxdist from -2011-10.0 to -2013-03.0. As I tried to rebuild all I needed in a first step to exclude qjson lib (libqjson-0.7.1) from the build because it depends on qt. After everything was builded succesfully. After this I included qjson but building failed in step targetinstall. The package is a cmake based package.

A warning occurs in step install.pack telling PKG didn't install anything to [Platform]/packages/qjson-0.7.1. This directory does not exist. There exists a directory [Platform]/packages/qjson.tmp/[BSP-Path]/opkg/CONTROL with contents control.

In build-target two directories (qjson-0.7.1 and qjson-0.7.1-build) exist. In qjson-0.7.1-build the library including links to it are created.

The rules file for the install script reads as follows:

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# install
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
$(STATEDIR)/qjson.install:
        @$(call targetinfo)
        @$(call install, qjson)
        @$(call touch)

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Target-Install
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

$(STATEDIR)/qjson.targetinstall:
        @$(call targetinfo)

        @$(call install_init, qjson)
        @$(call install_fixup, qjson, PRIORITY, optional)
        @$(call install_fixup, qjson, SECTION, base)
        @$(call install_fixup, qjson, AUTHOR, "Flavio Castelli <flavio@castelli.name>")
        @$(call install_fixup, qjson, DESCRIPTION, missing)
        @$(call install_lib, qjson, 0, 0, 644, libqjson)
        @$(call install_finish, qjson)

        @$(call touch)

What is missing now here?

Kind regards

Henrik Kraft
z.Zt. Heidolph GmbH & Co. KG
Walpersdorfer Str. 12
91126 Schwabach
09122 - 99 20 - 58

* [ptxdist] ptxdist cannot find glibc-2.16
@ 2013-08-22 16:07 ` Cheta Anyiah
From: Cheta Anyiah @ 2013-08-22 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

> During the command "ptxdist go" I get an connection timeout error 404 because the mirrors are cant find glibc-2.16 according to my building embedded systems book I should be able to manually enter a mirror is there a way to manually enter search mirrors. I'm using the latest ptxdist and bsp for mini2440. I'm not sure why the mirrors aren't current i had this issue months ago and I had to manually download each package and store in the download directory for all the packages that timed out.

* Re: [ptxdist] ptxdist cannot find glibc-2.16
@ 2013-08-23  9:50     ` Cheta Anyiah
From: Cheta Anyiah @ 2013-08-23  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jbe

I was running a dual machine with windows initially and my Linux partition ran out of space. I used Ubuntu's windows installation so therefore could not increase the partition size for Linux so I had to do a complete re installation of Linux actually I did backup a few directories Ill see if the ptxdist src directory was one of them. thanks.

Cheta Anyiah
canyiah@aol.com

> On Friday 23 August 2013 06:28:44 Cheta Anyiah wrote:
> > During the command "ptxdist go" I get an connection timeout error 404
> > because the mirrors are cant find glibc-2.16 according to my building
> > embedded systems book I should be able to manually enter a mirror is
> > there a way to manually enter search mirrors. I'm using the latest
> > ptxdist and bsp for mini2440.

Ah, now I read the remaining part of your eMail ;)

You could try the GIT repo content instead. Its based on the last PTXdist
release (2013.08) and should contain fixed URLs to the archives.

> > I'm not sure why the mirrors aren't current
> > i had this issue months ago and I had to manually download each package
> > and store in the download directory for all the packages that timed out.

Why did you not keep all the archives? Refer the "export_src" command line
parameter of PTXdist.

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |

* Re: [ptxdist] ptxdist cannot find glibc-2.16
@ 2013-08-23  7:54   ` Jürgen Beisert
From: Jürgen Beisert @ 2013-08-23  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist; +Cc: Cheta Anyiah

@ 2013-08-23  7:46 ` Jürgen Beisert
From: Jürgen Beisert @ 2013-08-23  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist; +Cc: Cheta Anyiah

Hi Cheta,

On Friday 23 August 2013 06:28:44 Cheta Anyiah wrote:
> During the command "ptxdist go" I get an connection timeout error 404
> because the mirrors are cant find glibc-2.16 according to my building
> embedded systems book I should be able to manually enter a mirror is there
> a way to manually enter search mirrors. I'm using the latest ptxdist and
> bsp for mini2440. I'm not sure why the mirrors aren't current i had this
> issue months ago and I had to manually download each package and store in
> the download directory for all the packages that timed out.

You can load this archive manually and store it to the directory where PTXdist
stores all downloaded archives. Download happens only once.

Regards,
Juergen

--

@ 2013-08-23  4:28 Cheta Anyiah