From: Bjorn Stuyck <Bjorn.Stuyck@sioux.eu>
To: "ptxdist@pengutronix.de" <ptxdist@pengutronix.de>
Subject: [ptxdist] Compile package with Python
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 08:45:19 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

In my current project I am integrating the onboard virtual keyboard into ptxdist.
This is my first challenge with ptxdist so my knowledge of ptxdist is not quite good yet.

But I’m stuck on the next issue.

Onboard is compiled through python calling setup.py build.
The .install step uses the CROSS_PYTHON for executing the setup.py.

CROSS_PYTHON = sysroot-cross/bin/python2.6

Setup.py requires python-distultils-extra and python-setuptools which I successfully implemented at host side.
After the installation of those modules, setup.py continued and printed other requirements.
The next requirements were dconf and GTK+ dependencies which where already implemented at target side.

But when the script tries to get the pkg version it can’t find the dconf or GTK+ package versions.
Those package descriptions are found in the sysroot-target/usr/lib/pkgconfig directory.
But python is looking at sysroot-host for the pkgconfig dir which does not contain the approriate information.

So the script fails and stops because it can’t find the pkgversions.

Is there any documentation or an example of how to redirect python to the target libs?

Kind regards,

Bjorn Stuyck
Software Engineer