I'm currently using ptxdist 2015.10.0 and I've selected valgrind as a built-in option in the 'Debug Tools' using menuconfig. Valgrind is then installed in my image at /usr/bin/valgrind. However, it is currently not usable since the available glibc is too optimized, resulting in the following message. > > valgrind: Fatal error at startup: a function redirection > valgrind: which is mandatory for this platform-tool combination > valgrind: cannot be set up. Details of the redirection are: > valgrind: > valgrind: A must-be-redirected function > valgrind: whose name matches the pattern: strcmp > valgrind: in an object with soname matching: ld-linux-armhf.so.3 > valgrind: was not found whilst processing > valgrind: symbols from the object with soname: ld-linux-armhf.so.3 > valgrind: > valgrind: Possible fixes: (1, short term): install glibc's debuginfo > valgrind: package on this machine. (2, longer term): ask the packagers > valgrind: for your Linux distribution to please in future ship a non- > valgrind: stripped ld.so (or whatever the dynamic linker .so is called) > valgrind: that exports the above-named function using the standard > valgrind: calling conventions for this platform. The package you need > valgrind: to install for fix (1) is called > valgrind: > valgrind: On Debian, Ubuntu: libc6-dbg > valgrind: On SuSE, openSuSE, Fedora, RHEL: glibc-debuginfo > valgrind: > valgrind: Cannot continue -- exiting now. Sorry. I've found a couple of references to the optimization being the culprit, such as https://sourceforge.net/p/valgrind/mailman/message/30887009/ > > ... > Very probably these are due to calls on strlen() or memcpy() which have been > expanded inline because of aggressive optimization ("#include " > compiled with -O2 or -O3.) > ... Is there a method of configuring glibc to build un-optimized ( below -O2) for use with the valgrind tool? Can the valgrind selection automatically trigger this un-optimized build? Or, if there are other suggestions for addressing this issue, I'd like to hear them. Thanks, - Jason Crim