From: Mircea Ciocan <m.ciocan@ppc-ag.de>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Clash between rootfs and squashfs-tools packages directory permissions
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 16:01:27 +0200	[thread overview]

On 06.07.20 15:24, Mircea Ciocan wrote:
> While compiling an image with RAUC included, the squashfs-tools is
> selected as a dependency and it has a different idea about /media
> directory permissions, don't know which is "right" in this case:
>
> Configuring squashfs-tools.
>
> Incompatible ownership or permissions for '/media':
> rootfs: 0.0 0755 (implicit from /media/sd)
> rootfs: 0.0 0777
>
> One of these packages must be fixed!
> ./ptxdist-2020.07.0/rules/image-root-tgz.make:29: recipe for target
> './platform-MCIMX6ULL-EVK/images/root.tgz' failed
> make: *** [./platform-MCIMX6ULL-EVK/images/root.tgz] Error 1
>
> Any idea to solve this "the right way" appreciated.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Mircea

A bit more details on the issue:

I was scratching my head on whom actually install this stuff, but it
seem that is a ptxconf variable related to rootfs configuration:
PTXCONF_ROOTFS_MEDIA2="sd"

This seem to be in the "core" of ptxdist, how can one specify the
permissions and where could this be solved ?

  Best regards,

  Mircea