* [ptxdist] multiple cmake build setups in one package?
@ 2016-07-19  8:41 Alexander Stein
From: Alexander Stein @ 2016-07-19  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi,

is it possible to generate several build setups, e.g. multiple software
components, which requires individual cmake calls, within one ptxdist package?
What would be a workaround if I can't do that?

Best regards,
Alexander

* Re: [ptxdist] multiple cmake build setups in one package?
@ 2016-07-19 11:28 ` Ladislav Michl
From: Ladislav Michl @ 2016-07-19 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 10:41:00AM +0200, Alexander Stein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to generate several build setups, e.g. multiple software
> components, which requires individual cmake calls, within one ptxdist package?

Yes, you can do whatever you want in your compile target. See for example
rules/svgalib.make

> What would be a workaround if I can't do that?
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander

regards,
	ladis

* Re: [ptxdist] multiple cmake build setups in one package?
@ 2016-07-19 11:36   ` Alexander Stein
From: Alexander Stein @ 2016-07-19 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

On Tuesday 19 July 2016 13:28:30, Ladislav Michl wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 10:41:00AM +0200, Alexander Stein wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is it possible to generate several build setups, e.g. multiple software
> > components, which requires individual cmake calls, within one ptxdist
> > package?
> Yes, you can do whatever you want in your compile target. See for example
> rules/svgalib.make

This seems to have a provided Makefile supporting those different targets. As
slightly different use case. In my case I need to run cmake several times and
create different build directories (out of tree build). The default for
prepare stage calling ptxd_make_world_prepare seems to support only a single
configuration.

@ 2016-07-21  5:18 ` Michael Olbrich
From: Michael Olbrich @ 2016-07-21  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 10:41:00AM +0200, Alexander Stein wrote:
> is it possible to generate several build setups, e.g. multiple software
> components, which requires individual cmake calls, within one ptxdist package?
> What would be a workaround if I can't do that?

Why don't you create multiple ptxdist packages with the same source
archive?

Michael

* Re: [ptxdist] multiple cmake build setups in one package?
@ 2016-07-26  7:55   ` Alexander Stein
From: Alexander Stein @ 2016-07-26  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist; +Cc: Michael Olbrich

Hi,

On Thursday 21 July 2016 07:18:40, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 10:41:00AM +0200, Alexander Stein wrote:
> > is it possible to generate several build setups, e.g. multiple software
> > components, which requires individual cmake calls, within one ptxdist
> > package? What would be a workaround if I can't do that?
>
> Why don't you create multiple ptxdist packages with the same source
> archive?

That's an idea I also had in mind, I think this will work. It should be
possible to cross-reference source tarball and md5sum to keep them in sync.

@ 2016-07-27  6:59     ` Michael Olbrich
From: Michael Olbrich @ 2016-07-27  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 09:55:48AM +0200, Alexander Stein wrote:
> On Thursday 21 July 2016 07:18:40, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 10:41:00AM +0200, Alexander Stein wrote:
> > > is it possible to generate several build setups, e.g. multiple software
> > > components, which requires individual cmake calls, within one ptxdist
> > > package? What would be a workaround if I can't do that?
> >
> > Why don't you create multiple ptxdist packages with the same source
> > archive?
>
> That's an idea I also had in mind, I think this will work. It should be
> possible to cross-reference source tarball and md5sum to keep them in sync.

Indeed it should. Take a look at protobuf / python-protobuf. That's a
similar use-case.

Michael