* [ptxdist] Custom kernel URL
@ 2023-03-07 14:59 Artur Wiebe
From: Artur Wiebe @ 2023-03-07 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi there,

I wonder if it is possible to configure a custom kernel URL and suffix in platformconfig.

In my case the kernel has to be downloaded from:
https://github.com/beagleboard/linux/archive/refs/tags/5.10.162-ti-r58.tar.gz

If not yet, does it make sense to add these options to the kernel rule?

BR,
Artur

* Re: [ptxdist] Custom kernel URL
@ 2023-03-09  8:29 ` Michael Olbrich
From: Michael Olbrich @ 2023-03-09  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Artur Wiebe; +Cc: ptxdist

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 07, 2023 at 03:59:06PM +0100, Artur Wiebe wrote:
> I wonder if it is possible to configure a custom kernel URL and suffix in platformconfig.
>
> In my case the kernel has to be downloaded from:
> https://github.com/beagleboard/linux/archive/refs/tags/5.10.162-ti-r58.tar.gz
>
> If not yet, does it make sense to add these options to the kernel rule?

I'd like to avoid the added complexity. The kernel URL is messy enough. You
can easily overwrite it by adding a rules/kernel.fixup.make to your BSP
('fixup' can be anything else as well). Rule files that follow this pattern
are included right after kernel.make so you can set

KERNEL_URL := ...

in that file to overwrite the URL.

Regards,
Michael