Hello Christian, On Thu, Mar 03, 2022 at 08:37:45PM +0100, Christian Melki wrote: > On 3/3/22 18:07, Felix Mellmann wrote: > > On 03.03.22 15:22, Christian Melki wrote: > >> Just one barebox version, but for different archs, with different > >> patchsets. I'd like the patches to live in the same place as they've > >> always done, i.e. under patches/package/... > >> But patches/package/series.$platform or similar does not seem to work? > >> > > Would it be an option to put the patches below each of the platformdirs? > > > > I ran into a similiar situation when starting to migrate to a different > > CPU platform. After a couple of years putting serveral "platformconfig" > > files within the same directory as "ptxconfig" I'm now using separate > > subdirs for each platform where separate sets of platform dependent > > patches are lying. > > > > Felix > > > > Hi Felix. > > Thanks for the suggestion. > > Ideally not. It irks me a bit that patches have to go to a different > place because they belong to another platform than the "default". Or > that they have to go somewhere else altogether because they need to be > split into platforms. > It doesn't make much sense to me. If I understand you correctly, your folder patches/barebox-2022.03.0 (or whatever common version you use) must look like this somehow, all patches of the different series interleaved? 0001-apples.patch 0001-foo.patch 0001-this.patch 0002-bar.patch 0002-oranges.patch 0002-that.patch 0003-baz.patch series.one series.three series.two Seriously, that looks messy to me, how should anyone looking at the directory know which patch belongs to which series without looking at the series files? What if someone wants to copy/move all patches belonging to only one series to a different place? Puzzled greetings Alex -- /"\ ASCII RIBBON | »With the first link, the chain is forged. The first \ / CAMPAIGN | speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the X AGAINST | first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.« / \ HTML MAIL | (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie)