Hello Konstantin, On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 11:28:30AM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote: > On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 05:31:22PM -0400, Konstantin Ryabitsev via RT wrote: > > On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 05:52:53AM -0400, Uwe Kleine-König via RT wrote: > > > > > > > > I didn't hear back from you in reply to my request from three weeks ago. > > > > Is this still on your radar and I just need some more patience? > > > > > > I still didn't hear anything back from you. The ticket on > > > rt.linuxfoundation.org is still marked as "new". > > > > > > Following https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/lore I'm currently in the > > > step "Wait till you receive a response", but since I'm there since more > > > than eight weeks I wonder if there is a problem on your side? > > > > Hello, and sorry for radio silence. I wasn't deliberately trying to > > stall -- I was just trying to figure out the best way to approach this. > > While it's true that there are some things on lore.kernel.org that > > aren't *directly* related to the kernel, we nevertheless try to stick to > > lists that are either about low-level kernel subsystems, or about > > various tools used for kernel development, or at least have predominant > > topics that are close to the above two categories. The trouble with > > ptxdist is that it doesn't really fit inside those boundaries, so I am > > not sure whether it makes sense for it to live on lore.kernel.org. > > > > Above all, I'd like to avoid turning lore.kernel.org into a central > > resource that becomes a hard dependency for projects the same way gmane > > was -- so much so, that when it disappeared, it caused serious ripple > > across the open-source fabric. > > > > We are encouraging others to set up their own instances of public-inbox, > > and would prefer to mirror the resulting git repositories instead (and > > offer indexing/searching capabilities) instead of doing archival on our > > end. This is the approach we're taking with Yocto, and I would encourage > > you to investigate the same option, as this would avoid making > > lore.kernel.org a hard dependency for your project. > > > > I hope that we'll be able to roll out our aggregated mirroring/indexing > > service closer to mid-year -- and when that happens, we'll be happy to > > mirror your lists and offer them alongside all others. > > I'd like to come back to this offer. We have setup our own public-inbox > instances now for a while and mirroring them on lore.kernel.org would be > great. > > These are the links to our instances: > > https://lore.barebox.org/barebox > https://lore.ptxdist.org/ptxdist > https://lore.distrokit.org/distrokit > https://lore.pengutronix.de/oss-tools > > Is there anything else you need, some meta-data maybe? I didn't hear back from you. I wonder if this mail didn't make it to a mailbox that is read, or if it just fell through the (human) cracks. It would be great to get these lists indexed on lore.kernel.org. happy to get feedback Uwe -- Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König | Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |