Hello Mircea, On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 04:08:30PM +0200, Mircea Ciocan wrote: > > On 21.07.21 15:36, Alexander Dahl wrote: > > The reason is so called reproducible builds: > > > > https://reproducible-builds.org/ > > > > You can change behaviour in your BSP through the > > REPRODUCIBLE_TIMESTAMP_* variables. Access it from the menu through > > "Project Name & Version" ---> "SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH timestamps source" > > > > Greets > > Alex > > > Thanks a lot Alex, > > I was starting to tear what little hair I have left, of course it had to be > some google sponsored useless garbage :-(, oh well, at least is disable-able > ;-). Maybe you judged only after a quick glance? I would not call it useless. See https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds/About on motivation for it for example. As a user concerned about integrity of the software I'm running, this approach is desirable. As a developer eventually shipping firmware built by a ptxdist based BSP, I'm also interested in reproducible build artefacts. You might not need it for your usecases, other people would disagree, thus calling it garbage … well … I would not do that. > Best way is to run: > > ./ptxdist setup -> "Developer Options" -> "disable reproducible builds" > > and get rid of it, the following gem is from the "feature" help, I think it > describes it nicely why is junk: > >  "This can be confusing during development. E.g. The Linux kernel build > timestamp never changes and cannot be used to ensure that the correct kernel > image is used. Enable this option to get a new timestamp for every PTXdist > call." Junk, garbage, see above. With kind greetings Alex -- /"\ ASCII RIBBON | »With the first link, the chain is forged. The first \ / CAMPAIGN | speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the X AGAINST | first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.« / \ HTML MAIL | (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie)