Hello Mircea, On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 03:02:36PM +0200, Mircea Ciocan wrote: > Hello everybody, > > I have a rather strange question: > > In one of my programs, to differentiate during testing in between different > compilation of the same program, I'm using a poor's man serialization based > on the __DATE__ and __TIME__ macros (or whatever they are nowadays). I usually use some Git based version information from `git describe --dirty` … > Unfortunately I've always get a constant value: "Mar  1 2021-00:00:00" when > I compile it with PTXDist and OSELAS toolchain and I was wondering where it > comes from (this happens with the last three versions of the OSELAS > toolchain)? This is for aarch64, the same program compiled with Ubuntu > distribution gcc gives expected results. > > Could somebody shad some light why is that and eventually on how to disable > this really undesired behavior ? The reason is so called reproducible builds: https://reproducible-builds.org/ You can change behaviour in your BSP through the REPRODUCIBLE_TIMESTAMP_* variables. Access it from the menu through "Project Name & Version" ---> "SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH timestamps source" Greets Alex -- /"\ ASCII RIBBON | »With the first link, the chain is forged. The first \ / CAMPAIGN | speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the X AGAINST | first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.« / \ HTML MAIL | (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie)