Hello Alex, On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 11:56:55PM +0100, Alex Vazquez wrote: > I have some questions about generating UBIFS images. > First, I am using ptxdist-2018.05. For this version, I use Generate > UBIFS Images (NO new version). I would recommend to use the new approach, that should also work with ptxdist-2018.05 already. > - For the latest versions of ptxdist, it is possible to indicate > arguments to generate the *.ubifs? It is. Recent ptxdist versions use 'genimage' [1] to create those images. If the default genimage config files are not sufficient for you, you can just put your own config to your BSP. For example: in a BSP for an at91sam9g20 based board with the ptxdist platform named "foo", I put two files to 'configs/platform-foo/config/images': - ubi.config - ubifs.config You find the files distributed with ptxdist also in 'config/images', e.g. in /usr/local/lib/ptxdist-2021.01.0/config/images or in the ptxdist source git tree. You can start with those files and adapt them to your needs. (For ubi/ubifs you actually should pick those as a start, because there are several placeholders for flash memory parameters to be substituted in there). There's some documentation on image packages, I found this: https://www.ptxdist.org/doc/ref_make_variables.html#image-packages Not sure if someone should write some more explanation on that? genimage itself is documented at [1] however. Greets Alex [1] https://github.com/pengutronix/genimage/ -- /"\ ASCII RIBBON | »With the first link, the chain is forged. The first \ / CAMPAIGN | speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the X AGAINST | first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.« / \ HTML MAIL | (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie)