From: Michael Olbrich <m.olbrich@pengutronix.de>
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] [PULL] rules: add license information
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 14:36:32 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 01:22:04PM +0200, Roland Hieber wrote:
> Felicitas has spent a good amount of time adding missing <PKG>_LICENSE
> and <PKG>_LICENSE_FILES variables to (mostly older) package rules. I've
> looked over her series, and there were some remaining Makefile syntax
> errors, which I've fixed, and I also did a review of those rules that
> failed during the build. For the other rules, I'm trusting her legal
> expertise :-) While at it, I also fixed some issues which I discovered
> on the way.
>
> With this series, 93% of all target package rules now have license
> information, which is an increase of 18%.
>
> Since this series consists of 169 patches, I'm rather submitting it as a
> pull request than single patch mails.

So, I've started reviewing this. For all patches: please replace 'unknown'
with 'custom' as discussed elsewhere.
I've reviewed for argtables2 to libmemcached so far. I've queued the
patches that are ok. They should hit master soon, so you can rebase the
rest.
Unless I have an explicit comment or 'unknown' is used, the patch is ok.

The following patches need improvements:

- argtables2:
  the source files say LGPL-2.0-or-later
- memstat:
  It just says 'GPL' without any license text. I'm not comfortable with
  GPL-1.0-or-later for this. Maybe put it in staging? It's really old and
  has not been touched in a long time.
- ckermit:
  A copyright statement of one of the source files should be added
- db:
  src/clib/qsort.c and others look like BSD-4-Clause to me
- grep:
  the source files say GPL-3.0-or-later
- gtk2:
  the source files say LGPL-2.0-or-later
- jvisu:
  I think this is "GPL-2.0-only AND (GPL-2.0-only WITH eCos-exception-2.0)"
- libcaca:
  again, -or-later for the GPL licenses, I think
- libgsf:
  typo in the subject: s/libsgf/libgsf/

Michael