From: Michael Olbrich <m.olbrich@pengutronix.de>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Download issues (error 404), custom single mirror?
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 16:47:58 +0100	[thread overview]

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 03:28:19PM +0100, Alexander Dahl wrote:
> Am Samstag, 16. Februar 2019, 19:09:32 CET schrieb Olivier Croquette:
> > I am taking over a pretty old project based on PTXdist, and I have the
> > problem that many components are not available online anymore, at least
> > where PTXdist looks for them (memstat_0.8.tar.gz,
> > netperf-2.7.0.tar.bz2...). So far, I was able to find these files by
> > looking on the web, download them manually and put them in src/ to allow
> > PTXdist to continue, but this is very cumbersome and prevents full
> > automation.
>
> At least in the first step. If you once got those tarballs and put it in the
> right place, you don't need to fetch them again.
>
> > Is there a way to specify a single custom mirror (HTTP or file based)
> > for all packages? That would allow to put all files in a central, safe,
> > future-proof location.
>
> You should keep and backup all the tarballs you need at your site. What we do:
>
> ptxdist setup -> Source Directories
>
> Set a path to a mounted network file system (cifs, nfs, etc.) and do a central
> backup of that share.

If that is not possible then you could create your own mirror and configure
is with "ptxdist setup":

Source Download     --->
  PTXdist Mirror

Then your own mirror will be used as fallback if the upstream is gone.
If you also set "Only use PTXdist Mirror to download packages", then only
this mirror will be used instead of trying the upstream URL.

Michael