From: Michael Olbrich <m.olbrich@pengutronix.de>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: [ptxdist] Layer Support in PTXdist
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 22:36:26 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

I've mentioned a few times in the last few months that I've worked on some
changes to PTXdist to support layers. I've finished the initial work on
this and the result is now in master.

If you don't care about this, then just ignore it and use PTXdist as
before. It should all work without any changes. If not, then it's probably
a bug.

So what are layers in PTXdist? It's not really anything new. Its the same
directory hierarchy as before, just multiple times stacked on top of each
other. There is some special stuff to handle the ptxconfig and
plaformconfig, but I'm not going into details here. Just take a look at the
documentation[1] if your interested.

This is still pretty new, so I expect that there are some bugs to be found,
especially for the corner cases. So please take a look and report back.
Especially if something is unclear or doesn't work as expected.

Regards,
Michael

[1] https://www.ptxdist.org/doc/dev_manual.html#layers-in-ptxdist