* [ptxdist] Sharing host-* tools
@ 2018-09-06 20:42 Erwin Rol
From: Erwin Rol @ 2018-09-06 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hey all,

I am still trying to figure out a better way to share prebuild ptxdist
projects, some ideas here on the mailing list where interesting but I
have problems understanding how to apply them to my usecases.

Already just sharing the host-* tools/libs would be useful, and I do
not see how I can do that.

First lets assume I have 3 projects (A, B and C) and for this example
they all use the same ptxdist version, but for the rest they have not
much in common.

To build those 3 projects I will have to do "ptxdist images" in all 3
project directories.

This will cause all host-* tools (like cmake, autoconf, fakeroot, etc)
to be build 3 times, taking up a lot of time.

Is there are way to prebuild all host-* tools and lets the projects
A,B, and C use those prebuild host tools. A bit like the toolchain,
wich is also not build with every ptxdist project.

- Erwin