* [ptxdist] Missing Python Mako dependency
@ 2018-05-16 11:28 Ladislav Michl
From: Ladislav Michl @ 2018-05-16 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

On systems without Python Mako build is failing with:

----------------------------------
target: host-system-python.prepare
----------------------------------

Checking for Python ...
Checking for Python libxml2 bindings ...
Checking for Python Mako ...
ptxdist: error: Python mako module not found! Please install python-mako (debian)
make: *** [/home/ladis/src/ptxdist/rules/host-system-python.make:28: /home/ladis/src/peoplemetr/SimEarTools/dist/build/platform-igep2/state/host-system-python.prepare] Error 1

Do we want to check for it in configure.ac or provide host package?

Side note: I barely agree with Rob Ladley, but he made pretty valid point
in distant past which I still do remember. In short, he never get the
point of install stage of "rootfs makefile".
So what if we make configure.ac just an another PTXdist stage and select
host packages needed to be compiled based on configure output?

	ladis

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-05-16 11:28 UTC | newest]