Hei hei, On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 02:33:50PM +0200, Erwin Rol wrote: > Distributed CC (distcc/icecc) seem a possibly to scale up things in > smaller steps (ad cheap compile server one by one) Sadly I don't have > any experience with it, but it is something I want to look into. We use icecc here. Before using it, I had some doubts and thought it would be complicated to setup, but it wasn't, also thanks to the transparent integration in ptxdist. You can easily integrate machines already running in your local network. Definitly something I would give a try before buying new hardware. Greets Alex -- »With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.« (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie) *** GnuPG-FP: C28E E6B9 0263 95CF 8FAF 08FA 34AD CD00 7221 5CC6 ***