* [ptxdist] root.ext2
@ 2017-05-07 15:56 Clemens Gruber
From: Clemens Gruber @ 2017-05-07 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi,

I noticed that the image-root-ext and image_ext2 rule still uses
genext2fs to first create an ext2 filesystem and then uses tune2fs to
convert it to ext3 and subsequently to ext4.

I think it is time to create ext4 images directly, otherwise we can't
use features like flex_bg and extra_isize because they need to be
specified at the time of creation.

To create the images, we could use make_ext4fs from the Android project
or (probably better) the standalone fork from the LEDE project:
https://git.lede-project.org/?p=project/make_ext4fs.git;a=summary

What do you think about this?

Thanks,
Clemens