Robert, On Sun, Jan 03, 2016 at 10:27:26AM +0100, Robert Schwebel wrote: > On Sat, Jan 02, 2016 at 06:02:37PM -0800, Bryan Hundven wrote: > > > > I'm curious to know if ptxdist/OSELAS.Toolchain plans to support > > > > uClibc-ng in the future? > > > > > > > > http://www.uclibc-ng.org/ > > > > > > with half a year without commit to uClib git I'm considering it a dead > > > project (I failed to verify mailing list activity as neither Firefox > > > nor IE (!) allowed me to enter archives). uClibc-ng should be relatively > > > easy to support as config system remained the same... Just tried and > > > succeded. But are there any active uClibc users? > > > > Well, I use it for a few platforms. And I get a lot of requests for it's > > support on crosstool-ng. > > We also use uclibc, especially for uCLinux systems. A few years ago, we > mainlined Cortex-M3 support. It never gained business traction so far, > because the BoM for a system is more expensive and less powerful than > the cheaper systems with mmu (like Atmel 9x25, TI AM335, FSL MX23 etc). > We still maintain EFM32 in the kernel. Specifically, I still mess around with the EFM32 port, which is why this was an interest. Although I realize it is not a focus of pengutronix. But being able to turn on and off parts of uClibc/uClibc-ng also helps to shrink the user-space footprint on other systems as well. > However, these days we are seeing more and more Cortex-A cpus emerging > with Cortex-M coprocessors. With these devices, running Linux on both > cores is a real option (as far as I know, this is already implemented > for Vybrid). > > So uClibc stays relevant and will continue to be in OSELAS.Toolchain. Indeed. -Bryan