* [ptxdist] Difference between DIstroKit and OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic
@ 2015-12-09 22:58 Alan Martinovic
From: Alan Martinovic @ 2015-12-09 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi there,

I'm trying to figure how DistroKit came to be and whats its relation
with OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic.

Can you please comment/confirm if this is right (that is my current
perspective):

OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic is the generic "directory structure"/"BSP
project strucure" in which through the use of ptxdist the BSP is
configured and built.

DistroKit is OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic which has a set of suggested
platform configuration files for the popular boards (BeagleBone,
VersatilePB, RaspberryPi, VExpress).

And an off topic question:
Is the "How to become a PTXdist Guru - Pengutronix" available for public
contribution, and if so, how?

* Re: [ptxdist] Difference between DIstroKit and OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic
@ 2015-12-10  6:18 ` Robert Schwebel
From: Robert Schwebel @ 2015-12-10  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

On Wed, Dec 09, 2015 at 11:58:25PM +0100, Alan Martinovic wrote:
> I'm trying to figure how DistroKit came to be and whats its relation
> with OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic.
>
> Can you please comment/confirm if this is right (that is my current
> perspective):
>
> OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic is the generic "directory structure"/"BSP
> project strucure" in which through the use of ptxdist the BSP is
> configured and built.
>
> DistroKit is OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic which has a set of suggested
> platform configuration files for the popular boards (BeagleBone,
> VersatilePB, RaspberryPi, VExpress).

The "Generic" BSP is pretty old, while DistroKit is more or less a good
example for a fairly recent example BSP to start with.

> And an off topic question:
> Is the "How to become a PTXdist Guru - Pengutronix" available for public
> contribution, and if so, how?

Not yet; we have started to add Sphinx documentation support to PTXdist,
as we made good experiences with it for barebox; if you want to improve
the documentation, start there.

rsc