* [ptxdist] Building from a subfolder
@ 2015-12-08 15:40 Dörfler Florian
From: Dörfler Florian @ 2015-12-08 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hello All

I am writing a ptxdist make file for the dlib library for our project and have the following problem:

Dlib supports a cmake build, but there is no CMakeLists.txt in the top level directory. One is supposed to call cmake with a subfolder of the extracted archive to build the library.

So my question is: Is there a way to make ptxdist call cmake with a subfolder of the unpacked source?

I tried setting DLIB_DIR in dlib.make to the subfolder, but that would break the unpacking. I also tried to add a simple CMakeLists.txt to the root folder, but that changes the cmake variable CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR to the top level directory which breaks the cmake build.

I use ptxdist 2015.02.0

Cheers Florian

--
Florian Dörfler, Development Engineer
Direct +41 (0)43 456 16 01  *  Phone +41 (0)43 456 16 00  *  www.scs.ch<http://www.scs.ch/>

* Re: [ptxdist] Building from a subfolder
@ 2015-12-08 15:46 ` Michael Olbrich
From: Michael Olbrich @ 2015-12-08 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 04:40:22PM +0100, Dörfler Florian wrote:
> Hello All
>
> I am writing a ptxdist make file for the dlib library for our project and have the following problem:
>
> Dlib supports a cmake build, but there is no CMakeLists.txt in the top level directory. One is supposed to call cmake with a subfolder of the extracted archive to build the library.
>
> So my question is: Is there a way to make ptxdist call cmake with a subfolder of the unpacked source?
>
> I tried setting DLIB_DIR in dlib.make to the subfolder, but that would break the unpacking. I also tried to add a simple CMakeLists.txt to the root folder, but that changes the cmake variable CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR to the top level directory which breaks the cmake build.
>
> I use ptxdist 2015.02.0

<PKG>_SUBDIR := something

PTXdist uses $(<PKG>_DIR)/$(<PKG>_SUBDIR) for cmake and make. By default
<PKG>_SUBDIR is empty and the toplevel directory is used.

Regards,
Michael

* Re: [ptxdist] Building from a subfolder
@ 2015-12-08 16:12   ` Dörfler Florian
From: Dörfler Florian @ 2015-12-08 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hello Michael

> <PKG>_SUBDIR := something
>
> PTXdist uses $(<PKG>_DIR)/$(<PKG>_SUBDIR) for cmake and make. By default <PKG>_SUBDIR is empty and the toplevel directory is used.

Works like a charm. Thanks, you made my day!

Regards Florian