From: "Jürgen Borleis" <jbe@pengutronix.de>
To: "Hänel-Baas, Alexander" <alexander.haenel-baas@sieb-meyer.de>
Cc: "ptxdist@pengutronix.de" <ptxdist@pengutronix.de>
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Kernel CONFIG_LOCALVERSION
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 10:37:42 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Alexander,

On Monday 08 June 2015 10:25:12 Hänel-Baas, Alexander wrote:
> > What does "localversion" mean in your context?
>
> I mean the kernel CONFIG_LOCALVERSION in the kernel .config file. I can set
> this localversion in ptxdist menuconfig kernel -> general setup <- Local
> version.
>
> Normally this string was append to kernel version.
>
> Your suggest is right but I miss the local version append.
>
> Look here:
> $ ptxdist print PTXCONF_KERNEL_VERSION
> give: 3.14.17
>
> But in the kernel .config file stands:
> #
> # General setup
> #
> CONFIG_INIT_ENV_ARG_LIMIT=32
> CONFIG_CROSS_COMPILE=""
> CONFIG_COMPILE_TEST=y
> CONFIG_LOCALVERSION="alex"                 <- here!!!
> # CONFIG_LOCALVERSION_AUTO is not set
>
> So I should have get: 3.14.17-alex.
>
> There is no problem with ptxdist, always works fine.
> Only i need access to this CONFIG_LOCALVERSION string
> in my own rules file because we build different packages depend
> on the Locale version from the Kernel.

You could scan (by sourcing) the file

 ${PTXDIST_PLATFORMCONFIGDIR}/${PTXCONF_KERNEL_CONFIG}

because this file is managed by PTXdist and it will be copied to your kernel
prior building it (and so ends up as ".config" in the kernel's source tree).

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Borleis             |
Industrial Linux Solutions                    | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |