From: Michael Olbrich <m.olbrich@pengutronix.de>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] undefined reference to '__stack_chk_fail'
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 11:31:57 +0200	[thread overview]

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 10:45:55AM +0530, Arpit Jain wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to compile imx-bootlets-src-10.08.01 with ptxdist-2014.09.0,
> using OSELAS.Toolchain-2012.12.1, and it is giving a series of compilation
> errors all similar to these two
>
> *undefined reference to '__stack_chk_fail'*
> *undefined reference to '__stack_chk_guard'*
>
> A small research shows it is because of SSP package, which is protecting
> stack and not allowing some libraries to link with bootlets, but I am still
> not sure how to resolve this error.
>
> Any leads someone can provide?

The imx-bootlets are not part of upstream ptxdist so I'm guessing you have
some local rules for this.
You've probably enabled the stack protector in the platformconfig. PTXdist
will the inject the corresponding options into the build of all packages.
You need to blacklist the stack protector for the imx-bootlets.
search for _WRAPPER_BLACKLIST in the existing rules for examples. You need
to add TARGET_HARDEN_STACK to the blacklist.

Michael