From: Alexander Aring <alex.aring@gmail.com>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] ptxdist documentation sources
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:50:39 +0200	[thread overview]

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 11:37:07AM +0200, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> Hi Juergen,

> > Hi Guillermo,
> >
> > On Wednesday 27 August 2014 10:01:27 Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> >> Are the sources / makefiles of the ptxdist manual available?
> >
> > No.
>
> That's why I could not find them :)
>
> >> I see that some BSPs (e.g. mini2440) have a
> >> documentation/plain_sources directory, but this does not include all
> >> the source files.
> >
> > Correct. The latex sources in the Mini2440 BSP just include the Mini2440
> > specific part.
> >
> > Give me a good reason and we may release the generic part of the PTXdist
> > documentation to the public as well ;)
>
> Well, I was actually hoping to use it as a reference on how to make a
> good looking manual using LaTeX.

you mean the template? In my opinion everybody should build his own. :-)

At my university I have create a beamer template with university
logos/colors etc. oh well, I shared them with other peoples, but the
creation of this template was easy.

At the end with graphics from [0], it was a pretty nice presentation.

... but we not talking about beamer here.

> Not sure this counts as a good reason (for Pengutronix I mean :)

I thought more about a community driven documentation. Maybe we can do
that with a basic template and pengutronix replace the basic template
with the own generate template to generate the pdf.

This sounds like documentation branding, then other companies can also
replace the basic template with her own logos/colors...
Oh this will end in a hell with links to company driven ptxdist support
pages/forums/mailinglists. That's not good, don't know if any
copyright/license helps there that this will not happen then.

- Alex

[0] http://www.texample.net/