From: Juergen Borleis <jbe@pengutronix.de>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Cc: Ivor Kruger <ivor@veriline.co.za>
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Where to find parameters for UBIFS creation
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 09:46:55 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Ivor,

On Thursday 24 April 2014 07:50:19 Ivor Kruger wrote:
> Hi, I want to create a ubi image from my NFS root mount folder.
>
> I will use mkfs.ubi.
>
> Where can I find the settings that ptxdist uses for creating the ubi fs
> files, since these work perfect?

For the correct UBI image layout run the tool "mtdinfo" on your target.
$ ptxdist menuconfig
   Shell & Console Tools --->
     <*> mtd-utils --->
         [*]   ubi utils  --->
             [*]   mtdinfo

You shouldn't use the NFS root directory as the base of your UBI image. Let
ptxdist create this image instead. In the latter case ptxdist ensures the
correct owners and permissions of the files inside the UBI filesystem.

If you are using the old way to create a UBI image, you can find the current
parameters in the platform menu ("$ ptxdist menuconfig platform" -> image
creation options).
If the new way to create a UBI image is used, you can find the settings
in "configs/<your-platform>/config/images/<some-name>.config"

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Borleis             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |