From: Alexander Aring <alex.aring@gmail.com>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Ptxdist toolchain building
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 12:12:46 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 09:16:26AM +0000, Alan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While doing ../bin/ptxdist go step i encounter following difficulty.
>
> [alan@localhost OSELAS.Toolchain-2013.12.0]$ ../ptxdist-2013.12.0/bin/ptxdist go
> install: cannot create directory '/home/embedded_lab': Permission denied
> ptxdist: error: cannot create dir: '/home/embedded_lab/myprojptx/build-tools'

seems that you don't have the right permissions in the directory
"/home/embedded_lab" to write, read or browse there. I see you are logged
in as alan which has the usual home directory "/home/alan/"  and default
(should be) a user can't write,read or browse in others home directories.
(At my university some students sets a 777 to his home directory... I saw
already everything).

You should not do that! Maybe change the installation path from
~embedded_lab to ~alan/myprojptx/...

You can change that with:

ptxdist menuconfig

Location:
         -> misc

Maybe just make the default again "/opt" then ptxdist (If you want use
that afterwards) can find the Toolchain automatically.
Just generate a /opt/OSELAS.Toolchain-2013.12.0 directory with the right
permissions.

- Alex